Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Second Debate

I think this debate was yet another draw, and I do not believe I am alone in thinking this. I do however believe that Barack Obama has a better stage presence and is a better speaker, and this has not changed at all after this debate. For the most part, issues were focused on, and nothing too drastic occurred. I was only able to catch part of the debate, as it whisked me off to sleep after a short while, but I'd like to see a real debate between these two candidates where one will actually have the ability to win, by not only stating policies, but where policies can be expained so that the common sense behind the policies can be realized, and people can see exactly what the fight incorporates, instead of just being, "Oh, Obama wants to raise taxes..." I think that if people looked at the why and the why not, and the ultimate simplicity and high rate of success for certain policies, we would have a debate that had a winner by a very large margin, and I think it would be Barack Obama.

1 comment:

ktblash said...

Yeah they both did not impress me with their understanding of the "economic crisis" they did not say anything new that had not already been said. However I did think that Obama clearly showed his understanding of the health care system in both his answer and his rebuttal.